At CLHF Homes, we know that every person should be allowed to live as comfortably as possible, regardless of their challenges. As a result, we equip our residential homes to support and care for individuals with physical challenges. Many of the people in our community would have to stay in nursing homes, hospitals, or other uncomfortable conditions. However, when they come to CLHF Homes, we provide them with the comforts of home while also giving them the medical care that they need. To learn more about CLHF Homes, contact our expert team today at 818.350.1169 or contact us otherwise at your earliest convenience.
About CLHF Homes
At CLHF Homes, our care is not as intensive as the care that acute care hospitals provide. However, it is more effective than the care that skilled nursing homes offer and is considered a step down from a hospital intensive care unit. We provide 11 comfortable and convenient locations. Each location offers six or fewer beds, as well as beautiful and spacious rooms. In addition, each of our sites is staffed by compassionate and experienced team members, who provide each resident with a variety of services, including:
- Inpatient treatment
- Medical supervision
- Supportive care
- Therapy services
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Social and recreational activities
- Medication management
- Dietary management
With the availability of skilled nursing on a long-term basis, we can provide the support and care that your loved one needs.
About the CLHF License
Congregate Living Health Facility:
The primary need of CLHF Facilities is for residents needing Skilled Nursing Care on a recurring, intermittent, extended, or continuous basis. The care in a CLHF is generally less intense than that provided in General Acute Care Hospitals but more intense than that provided in Skilled Nursing Facilities.
CLHF’s provide their patients 24/7 Sub-Acute Skilled Nursing Services in non-institutional, home-like environment.
Congregate Living Health Facilities (CLHF’s) are defined in H&S Code, Section 1250(i) (1), as a residential home which is licensed to provide inpatient care, including the following basic services:
- 24/7 Sub-Acute Nursing (For Vent and Trach Dependent Patients)
- 24-hour Skilled Nursing Care
- Medical supervision
- Complex wound care
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Medically complex cases
- Orthopedically complex cases
- Treatment for all levels of spinal cord injuries
- High-intensity rehabilitation therapy
- Acquired brain injuries
- Social recreational, and at least one type of service specified below:
Congregate Living Health Facilities Can Provide One Of (Or All Of) the Following Services:
- Services to persons who are mentally alert, physically disabled, who may be ventilator dependent.
- Services for persons who have a diagnosis of a terminal illness, a diagnosis of a life-threatening illness, or both. Terminal illness means the individual has a life expectancy of six months or less as stated in writing by his/her attending physician and surgeon. A “life-threatening illness” means the individual has an illness that can lead to a possibility of a termination of life within five years or less as stated in writing by his or her attending physician and surgeon.
- Services for persons who are catastrophically and severely disabled. A catastrophically and severely disabled person means a person whose origin of disability was acquired through trauma or non-degenerative neurologic illness, for whom it has been determined that active rehabilitation would be beneficial and for whom these services would be provided.
- Services offered by a CLHF to a catastrophically disabled person shall include, but not be limited to, speech, physical, and occupational therapy.
CLHF standards are found in H&S Code, Section 1267.13. In addition to these standards, CLHF’s are required to conform to CCR, Title 22, Skilled Nursing Regulations, except for those sections or portions of sections specified in H&S Code, Section 1267.13(n). (These requirements in subsection 1267.13(n) are so specific to skilled nursing facilities, CLHFs were exempted from compliance with these sections.)
Services Available at CLHF Homes
At CLHF Homes, our goal is to assist our patients so that they can go home if it is possible to do so. In order to do this, we offer a range of helpful therapeutic services, including:
- Therapy services: We provide our residents with a range of therapies to ensure their long-term welfare. Whether your loved one needs occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, or another rehabilitative therapy, we ensure that they will have access to them.
- 24/7 Skilled nursing services: In many cases that require long-term care, skilled nursing services are vital. Therefore, we provide this service to our residents and those in our in-home care program. These nursing services can take care of a wide array of needs, including ancillary services, medical supervision, complex wound care, amputee care, and IV therapy.
- Acute and chronic respiratory care: We provide a variety of pulmonary services and respiratory programs to assist our residents. We have the support that you need, including highly trained respiratory therapists, nurse practitioners, and physicians. We can also manage your loved one’s ventilator and/or breathing tubes, ensuring their health.
At CLHF Homes, we strive to remove stressors and distractions that can make recovery challenging. With our therapeutic options and the supportive care options we can provide, we can give your loved one the care they need.
Learn More About CLHF Homes
In spite of their traumatic brain injury or other health challenges, your loved one deserves to live in comfort as they continue through their recovery. At CLHF Homes, we want to give your loved one the care that they need to recover, if that is possible. If it is not possible, we strive to give them a place to live in comfort and safety. We offer several locations, including but not limited to:
Check out the rest of our facilities’ locations here. No matter what your loved one’s situation is, we want to help. Contact CLHF Homes today by calling 818.350.1169 or contacting us at your earliest convenience.